Monday, September 8, 2008

Quotes from Bikini Bottom

Caught an episode of SpongeBob last Sunday. The porous one received a "You're a Winner" letter and was subsequently invited to go to Karate Island to be crowned the Karate King (which pisses Sandy off because she was supposed to be the better chopper). Once there, he was locked and coerced into signing a timeshare contract. Hah!! It sure kick those assholes who pressure sell timeshares at innocent passerbys a well deserved one in the butt.

I love Spongebob for the clever word-play and cultural references. Sometimes hubby would wonder why I was laughing out loud to something which was seemingly not funny and I just said "Nothing" leaving him to conclude that all those time spent slaving in the kitchen is finally getting to me. Hubby is the type to laugh at slapsticks and direct comedy. I don't.

That's why I love it when Spongebob surfs down a slope to the tune of Pantera and Squidward's "nobody cares about the fate of labour as long as they get their instant gratification" quotes. You get dialogues coming out of supposedly dumbass like Patrick's "The inner machinations of my mind are an enigma" or his "We're not talking about some dumb mail fraud scheme or hijacking here, We STOLE a balloon!!" What a squeal!!...

Here's some quotes I find most interesting:

Isn't this great Squidward? It's just you, me and this brick wall you built between us.

People talk loud when they want to sound smart. Right?

If I had a dollar for every brain you don't have, I'd have one dollar.

Remember licking doorknobs is illegal on other planets.

I always come to work at 3 am. This is when I count the sesame seeds.

I smell the smelly smell of something that smells smelly.

That's it Mr! You've just lost your brain priviledges.

I order the food, you cook the food. We do that for 40 years and then we die.

You senile bag of fish paste.

Oh bodyguard. My body is in your guarding hands.

I'm a realisitic looking fish head and I'm live at the fry cook games.

==> You just have to love em'

No comments: