Tuesday, March 25, 2008

The Office

Hubby posted a picture of the two kids and me in his Friendster page. Had a whale of a time convincing everyone that the pic was taken in Australia. We were at the back of a stationery truck with some kangaroos in the background. The Australia outback thing was of course in the Singapore Zoo. Since no one in the office had visited the zoo recently, they fell for my story, trucks, kangaroos and the whole Australia sheebang.

It didn't help that I had a bag of Australian nougats which I bought the other day at Tangs and was busy distributing them as well. Apparantly no one cares that I have been slaving away at my cubicle the past year and have not taken any leave that exceeded 2 days in a row.

Talking about the office, they're laying down new carpets the other day. We're told to start packing our stuff and leave cupboards half empty. It was the perfect time for spring cleaning and the amount of trash in the pantry was mind boggling. I didn't mean paper for scrapping, the occasional shoe box or broken picture frame but a whole carton of empty perrier bottles?!! There is even an egg carton, broken shoe rack and a bunch of something that look like dead cockroaches - eww...The junk these people drag to work these days...

No comments: