Tuesday, March 25, 2008

The Weight

After much hassling, deliberating, waiting, stalling, sweating and swearing, I've finally created something which I've been postponing for many years to start. My own blog. Yay. And so, let's start the whining, complaining, musings, grumblings and mumblings.

I think I'm really suffering from quarter life crisis. Life to me nowadays, is more like watching a snail's football match that went into extra time. I'm exhausted most of the time and Ive tripled my weight ever since I got married. Horrifying.

I have denied this of course. They weight issue that is. I kept telling everyone I weigh 50kg. Unfortunately, with someone who has a height issue as well, 50kg is not that ideal a weight. It's way over. It wasn't until we had to rush 2 year old Matin to NUH the other day (he has fever that reach 40 and the family doctor's closed because it's a public holiday) that the warning signals starts crashing in.

Matin who was usually co-operative, chose of all days, to pull the ultimate stunt and create a huge ruckuss in the Children's A&E. Since he refused to stand at the weighing scale, Mummy has to hold him and stand with him. Nurse will then minus his weight to mine. I peeked at the nasty digital numbers and saw the terrifying figures. I dare not even calculate my BMI because it sure isn't in the 21-25 region.

I have to do something but what? I ain't giving up my chicken wings. No. Not those beautiful marble cheese cakes from Secret Recipe. Whatever will I do to satisfy my cravings for a bar of Snickers? I don't think chewing on a celery would help, not if you can't dip it in a bowl of sinful chocolate syrup.

I guess I'll have to manage it sometime. What if I were to bump into the occasional ex in a shopping mall or something? It's one thing if he can't recognise me. But what if he does? And the wifey of course would look exactly like Heidi Klum. Arrgghhh!!!

Danial, my first-born told his classmate that his mummy is fat. I know because he told me. I was like "Do I really look that fat toyou?" He goes "Yup. Like Big Daddy V, see?" he was pointing at the TV screen at a huge, meaty brute of a man trying to pin someone under his armpit. How could my beloved seven year old compare me to someone that gross in WWE? EewwWw..

I think I'll go eat my celery.

Wait, I'll start the celery after that chocolate cake I bought from Secret Recipe.

Then again, maybe I'll have an ice-cream first....

No comments: