Sunday, August 31, 2008

Bdays McSpazetron

I suddenly realised that Danial has been watching too much WWE when he asked "one on two or two on three?" after I complained to hubby about the idiot van driver, who nearly mow us down at the handicap lot. Danial thought I was referring to a handicap match.

I felt like the world's biggest shmuck on my 34th birthday. I treated myself to a BK meal during lunchtime over at Holland Village. I thought I'd just spend my bday like how I did for previous years - by myself. I didn't expect anyone to treat me like a diva bday queen. That's why I never take leave to "enjoy" myself like how my colleagues do at work. What is there to do? I have below $10 in all three bank accounts. If I stayed home, I'd end up cleaning the house anyway. So I purposely choose this date to attend a course at IPAM. No one would know and no one would care.

And so it was that after classes, I received a call from hubby telling me to rush to my mum's. I eventually arrived an hour later to a dark living room with a chocolate cake and 3 candles with Danial and Matin giving me the widest grin and everyone yelling "SURPRISE!!..." like how they did on TV.

Dad brought out pizzas and everyone plunged in. Turned out that hubby had ordered in and everyone had waited for me for two hours to reach home so that they can eat. I was still full from the BK meal and had guilt written all over my face while I took a bite of the cake. All this while, my whole family had patiently waited for me to come back to celebrate my bday and I had in self-pity, indulge in a BK meal that I could've sworn moved the size of my butt to cover half of Pulau Ubin.

So now you know why I felt like the world's biggest shmuck....

No comments: